Counselling and child wishes report/family reports

Counselling and child wishes report/family reports


Separation is a stressful experience and we strongly recommend to all of our clients that they seek counselling to help them through what can be a very difficult time in their lives.

We are educated to ensure we go to the doctor for a physical ailment, so why don’t seek help when we are feeling mentally drained? You may be feeling anxious, stressed or even suffering from undiagnosed depression as a result of your relationship ending.

Your doctor may be able to provide you with a referral to a psychologist by way of a mental health care plan. You may be able to have a number of visits at a reduced cost thanks to the Medicare rebate.

Alternatively your employment circumstances may give rise to you being able to access free professional counselling sessions via an employee assistance program.

You may wish to access courses that are available locally or online to gain further knowledge of how to successfully co-parent in the years ahead, by attending a Post-Separation Parenting Course.


Children often find separation confusing and find it difficult to adjust to living in two separate households. In addition to the school teacher and guidance officer being made aware of the change in circumstance, you may also wish to access courses that may be available locally, such as:

Some psychologists are trained to be able to write a Child Wishes Report, also known as a Family Report. These reports can be obtained prior to commencing court proceedings, or during the court process. A privately, jointly funded report can cost in the order of $3,000 to $4,000.

If you would like assistance please call us on 4758 5656 to make an appointment for a special fixed fee price of $275. Alternatively we can provide you with a list of reputable psychologists.

Are you looking for someone to help?

Let us help you! Call Now : 07 4758 5656
·   Mon – Fri 08:30-17:00